The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is proud to offer a $5,000 Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science (BAAS) completion degree to qualified students seeking to study on a full-time basis online. This opportunity is available for outstanding Texas residents with an associate of applied science, associate of technology, or similar degree with majors in engineering or technology fields (CIP: 14 and 15 codes). All upper-division coursework is available online so students from across Texas can take classes.
With their AAS degree students can then receive the BAAS from UTPB at a cost of only $5,000 for two-years of upper-division study. They pay $2,500 at the beginning of the year for 30 SCH of coursework.
Many Texas community colleges have annual tuition and fees for full-time students of $2,500 or less thus the associate degree would be $5,000. The actual cost is dependent on the college. The table below demonstrates the cost comparison of the $10,000 Texas Science Scholar to the regular in-state tuition and fee estimates. (* based on 30 semester credit hours per academic year)
|Per Semester||Per Academic Year
|Regular In-State Tuition and Fees||$3165.55||$6331.10*|
|$2,500 BAAS Online at UTPB||$2500*|
General Student Qualifications Requirements:
- Must be a Texas resident
- Have an Associate of Applied Sciences or similar degree in engineering or technology major.
- Must be admitted unconditionally to the University with a major in BAAS.
- ust minor in management.
- Must be unconditionally admitted, and register for first semester by August 1.
- Must not be placed in any developmental coursework.
- Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended.
- Must have completed two math courses (Statistics may be used for second math course) and two science courses meeting the Texas Common Core Curriculum.
- Must have a 2.5 overall cumulative G.P.A.
How to Apply
To apply for the $5,000 BAAS Online you must complete the following:
- The Texas Common Application for Admission (http://www.applytexas.org/). This will be your Admission form to the University of Texas of the Permian Basin
- Go to http://ss.utpb.edu/admissions/apply-now/ and select "Transfer Student Applicant" to learn about unconditional admission to UTPB.
- Complete the $5,000 BAAS Online Application
- The Federal Application for Student Aid (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/) (optional) - This will determine if you qualify for any non-UTPB financial aid
Complete admissions need to be completed by August 1, 2013.
Once you have been admitted as a $5,000 BAAS Online Student:
- Contact the $5,000 BAAS Advisor : Dr. Raj Desai - 432-552-2215 – firstname.lastname@example.org for advising.
- Complete 30 course hours per academic year (Fall / Spring / Summer) with a G.P.A. of 2.5 or better with all courses meeting degree requirements as outlined in the degree plan
- Pay $2500 at the beginning of the academic year. This covers tuition and fees for 30 hours of coursework in the current academic year. Payment plans will be available.
- Check with the Financial Aid Office to see if you qualify for non-UTPB financial aid, such as the Texas Grant, Federal Pell Grants, or privately funded scholarships. You must have previously completed the Federal Application for Student Aid.
- Office of Admissions
- Phone: 432-552-2605 - Fax: 432-552-3605 - email@example.com
- Office of Financial Aid
- Phone: 432-552-2620 - Fax: 432-442-2621 - firstname.lastname@example.org