Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the UTPB Work Co-op Program is to assist University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB) students in identifying work experience opportunities in their field of study that will allow students to apply knowledge that they have learned in the classroom to a job, develop job skills and build professional relationships. The program also allows the employer to contribute to building a capable workforce and identify future talent for post-graduation employment.
To participate in the program, students must:
- Have completed one semester at UTPB or be in senior year
- Have a 2.0 g.p.a. (undergraduate) or 3.0 g.p.a. (graduate)
- Must currently be enrolled in 6 hours (graduate) or 9 hours (undergraduate)
- Must have an active CCN account
- Must complete a student orientation session in the UTPB Career Center
- Must be committed to the employer for a minimum of six months
- The job must articulate with student's major
- Other requirements must be met for academic credit articulation or international students wanting to articulate work experience for CPT or OPT requirements.
Salary and hours are set by the employer. Student is not committed to continue in the program with an employer beyond six months, however, he/she can choose to do so if agreed upon by the employer. One site visit will be made by UTPB Career Center staff during the first six months of employement. For more information, email email@example.com or call 552-2633. For employer information please review this link and review the presentation.