What is SI?
The SI Program targets traditionally difficult academic subjects – those that have a high rate of D or F grades and withdrawals – and provides regularly scheduled, out-of-class, peer facilitated review sessions.
Who is an SI Leader?
An SI Leader is a student who has successfully completed the course and has been recommended by the professor. SI Leaders attend all classes and host weekly review sessions. All SI Leaders receive SI Training in addition to AVID Tutor Training.
Does SI Work?
YES! Students who participate in SI earn higher test grades, course grades and persist more often than non-participants.
More about the SI Program:
- It is fun and exciting
- It's a good way to meet new friends
- Helps you cram for tests
- Receive better grade in class
- You learn how to learn and what to learn
- SI is NOT REMEDIAL
Still not sure?
Ask yourself the following questions, if you answer YES to any of these questions you should definitely participate in SI:
- Is my comprehension of certain concepts fuzzy?
- Am I satisfied with my grade?
- Do I need help understanding my homework?
- Do I need practice in organizing information?
- Do I need encouragement to boost my self-confidence?
- Do I need help in developing a good problem solving strategy?
- Do I need another point of view?
- Do I need help in reviewing for exams?
- And do I really want to waste my student service fees on a service I don't even use?
Supplemental Instruction Coordinator
Name: Ruth Hudnall
Office: Success Center- MB 2215H