The Success Center at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin serves all writers in our campus community. Our essential mission is education. The Success Center Writing Tutors are trained to work with all writers, from the TSI-liable developmental student to the faculty member writing for publication. Our goal is to furnish writers with strategies to engage in the writing process and tools to acquire confidence in the resultant work.
Services We Offer
We offer a variety of services to everyone at UTPB, including students and faculty.
Services for Students
The Success Center Writing Tutors can help the student do the following:
- Check the paper for organization and clarity.
- Brainstorm ideas for a writing assignment.
- Learn to proofread a paper.
- Develop a thesis, cite sources, and construct an effective essay.
Please note that the Success Center Writing Tutors dos not check for content, guarantee grades, or perform drop-off editing of a paper.
Services for Faculty
We can do the following for UTPB faculty:
- Come into a class to give a presentation of the services we provide.
- Present customized workshops to a class.
- Edit papers written by faculty for publication.
Contacting the Success Center
Location: Mesa Building, Room 2215
Phone: (432) 552-3350