Students who have completed their junior year in high school are eligible to enroll at UTPB under the Early Admission Program (EAP)
In order for students to participate in the EAP, they must:
- have completed their junior year in high school
- be ranked in the top 25% of their class
- have a "B" average
- present a minimum score of 950 on the Old SAT (CR+M), 980 on the New SAT Total (taken in March 2016 and after), or 19 on the ACT
- have the recommendation of their high school principal or counselor
- have the approval of their parent of guardian acknowledging an understanding of the program and granting approval for participation
This program is a special benefit to those students that have completed or lack very few units to meet their high school graduation requirements and are ready to begin their university studies. -W. David Watts, President
Students are required to submit the following:
- Complete the U.S Freshman Application through the ApplyTexas Website at www.applytexas.org
- Submit a Non-refundable Application Fee of $40.00 (applicants for Summer 2017 and beyond)
- Submit official high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores
They will be required to pay the regular tuition rates and will be permitted to enroll in college courses conducted during and after school hours and during summer terms.
Except for remediation courses and physical activity courses, the students will be allowed to enroll in up to six hours of freshman or sophomore-level courses.
Contact the Office of Admissions at 432-552-2605