Having an active role in your education is fundamental to success. With the variety of student organizations, programs, facilities and services, I believe you will find a niche at UTPB if you just reach out.
Overall, our mission is to work collaboratively with faculty and staff to provide a safe and secure environment that fosters the intellectual, emotional, physical, social, spiritual, environmental and occupational development of students.
Mandatory Alcohol and Sexual Misconduct Training (Title IX)
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is concerned about the health and welfare of students. Alcohol misuse/abuse and sexual misconduct are behaviors the University wishes to address with students in order to provide a welcome and safe atmosphere. New students to UTPB are required to complete training via Alcohol Edu and Haven – Understanding Sexual Assault.
AlcoholEdu is an online educational program all incoming students must complete. The interactive online program teaches students risk reduction. Students who are interested in changing their behavior or need support to maintain healthy behaviors are encouraged to connect with the Center for Recovery.
Understanding Sexual Assault addresses sexual assault, sexual harassment, relationship violence, and stalking. This interactive training program is designed to engage and empower students to create safe and healthy campus environments. Along with increasing your understanding of sexual misconduct, the program will provide bystander skills and confidence-building strategies. More information about Bystander Intervention can be found through Falcon Family Bystander Intervention.
The instructions to access the training follows. Students will need one Higher Education Account to access the courses.
- Go to https://platform.everfi.net/registration/login and click ‘Register.’
- Under ‘Student/Learner’ enter the registration code: a72cc23c to create your account.*
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu and Haven by August 31, 2016.
- After 30 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu and Haven which must be completed by October 28, 2016.
*If you already have an account, go to https://platform.everfi.net/registration/login, enter your login, enter the above code by clicking ‘Add a Course’ in the top right corner of the Dashboard.
Students who do not compete the program will not be able to see their grades online for the semester.
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- Please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years in order to avoid any technical issues.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- All survey responses are confidential. UTPB will only receive information about the participant group as a whole and will never see individual answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the ‘Help’ link within the course.
We hope you have a great year! Go Falcons!
Senior Associate Vice President for Student Services Associate Dean of Students
Telephone: (432) 552-2600 Telephone: (432) 552-4654
Fax: (432) 552-3654 Fax: (432) 552-3654
Office: MB 4274 Office: MB 2215-H
*Due to the Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA) only information regarding the health or safety of a student may be released to parents. Alcohol and drug violations do fall under this category.