BlackBoard IM Instructions
- Go to https://online.utpb.edu/ and use the username and password you use to login to your student UTPB Blackboard account. If you have trouble logging in contact Jim Tuttle (email@example.com) for help. Once you're in Blackboard...
- Click the "Community" tab at the top of the page.
- Click "Training & Tutorials".
- On the bottom right corner is a box for Blackboard IM, click the link "Get Blackboard IM".
- On the window that opens fill out the registration information. Your username should default to what you use to login to your student UTPB Blackboard account (if it doesn't, fill it in with that same information), fill out the rest of the form (remember your password this is what you will login with later) and submit it.
- This will open a new page with a button on the top right to download Blackboard IM. Click that and save the file to a location where you can find it.
- Go find the file you downloaded and open it. Follow the instructions to install it.
- After Blackboard IM is installed open the program and login using your username and password you registered with earlier.
- If you have trouble activating your Blackboard IM account, please email Jim Tuttle (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have a personalized activation code sent directly to you.
- After you are logged in, make sure you have these three tabs on your panel.
- Contact the office of Financial Aid to let them know you have activated your account and give them your username ID.