Skip to main content

Facilities

The Parker Ranch House, Falcon House and their facilities are available to Student Housing students 24 hours a day. It's facilities include:

  • Student Housing Office
  • Mail Boxes
  • Computer Lab
  • Fitness Room
  • Full Kitchens
  • Television and DVD player
  • Ping Pong Tables
  • Air Hockey (available for use after office hours)
  • Coin Machine
  • Vending Machines
  • Restrooms
  • Study Rooms

History

The Parker Ranch House was dedicated on November 9, 2004.

UT Permian Basin's Parker Ranch House was named by the Parker family in memory of James Early "Jim" Parker, Jr. and Bessie Ola Parker. The Parkers embodied the ranching lifestyle of generations of a family that served the communities of Andrews and Ector counties since 1907. Jim and Bessie Ola Parker weathered the Great Depression and years of drought before the Humble Oil & Refining Company discovered oil on one of their ranches, permitting them to sell the mineral rights. They had three ranches, including one in Andrews. Parker was involved in organizing the municipal structure of Andrews County in 1910. He later served as county commissioner from 1921 to 1924, established the Andrews Bank, and served as its president of its board of directors for many years.

Parker family members who have endowed the facility are:

Bessie Lou Parker Doelling
G. H. Doelling
James "Jim" H. Doelling
Jay Parker Doelling
Gregory Troy Doelling and Family
James Trevor Doelling
Crystal JayAnn Doelling
Jeanne Parker Evitt
Amanda Fulcher
Jamie Fulcher
May Jo Briley
Linda Clark Reese
Vicki Clark McMillan