What does the Office of Student Life do?
The Office of Student Life serves as a support for student co-curricular activities. All student organizations register and request services through the Office of Student Life. The Director, also serves as an advisor to the Student Senate, Greek Life, and Campus Activity Board. New Student Orientation is also coordinated by the Office of Student Life.
What are the benefits of being involved?
- Research indicates that students who are involved in campus activities are more likely to stay in school, Graduate, be more successful, and it eases the transition process.
- Learn a variety of leadership skills.
- Become acquainted with faculty and staff.
- Meet other students (support system)
- Create life-long friendships.
- Take ownership of the institution and thus become an integral part of its development.
How can I get involved in student activities on campus?
Keep an eye out for posters, flyers, e-mails, Facebook, events on Orgsync, and Twitter announcing meetings and events. Also, please feel free to stop by the Office of Student Life! We can give you advice on ways to get involved.
How are Student Life funded?
Programs that operate out of the Office of Student Life are funded by Student Service Fees. Orientation is funded primarily through the New Student Orientation fee.
Where do all my Student Service Fees go?
Student Service Fees support the operation of the following departments/programs:
- Office of Student Life
- Career Center
- Student Senate
- The Mesa Journal
- Campus Activity Board
- Campus Recreation
- Financial Literacy & Veterans
- Mentoring Program
- Office Counseling Services
- New Student Recruitment
- Student Performance Groups