NEW to UTPB Student Veteran Checklist
Veteran Services Office – Mesa Bldg. #2114
- ____ Come by this office for any clarification of this checklist.
- ____ Get information regarding Falcon Veterans Lounge.
- ____ Get information regarding Falcon Veterans Association Club.
Admissions Office – Mesa Bldg. #1221
- ____ Apply to UTPB either online or submit application.
- ____ Once accepted submit documentation of immunization against bacterial meningitis if less than 22 years old. (If a veteran can get the shot free from the VA at one of the VA medical facilities.)
- ____ ONLINE ONLY student, be sure to submit documentation of Texas residency papers.
- ____ Request official transcript(s) from all previous schools, including military schools, to be sent via mail.
UTPB Admissions Office
4901 E. University Blvd.
Odessa, TX 79762-0001
Financial Aid Office – Mesa Bldg. #1225
- ____ Apply for financial aid online. Check status in this office.
- ____ If using Hazlewood benefits, applications submitted to Ruth Salinas, email@example.com.
Advising Office – Mesa Bldg. #1150
- ____ Talk to an academic advisor and get a DEGREE PLAN!
- ____ ONLINE ONLY student, contact Rachel Reese, firstname.lastname@example.org, for a DEGREE PLAN!
Registrar’s Office – Mesa Bldg. #1231
- ____ Fill out NEW UTPB Student Veteran Packet and turn into Ralph Jimenez, email@example.com.
- Inside the packet - UTPB Veterans Affairs Information Sheet, VA-1 Form, VA-2 Form, FERPA Form
- Copy of Degree Plan
- Copy of DD-214
- Copy of Certificate of Eligibility Letter
- One of the VA application of benefits below for new to UTPB students
- VA 22-1990 (new student) VA 22-5490 (dependent student) applying for benefits for 1st time
- VA 22-1995 (transfer student) VA 22-5495 (dependent student) transferring from another college / university
- ____ Register for your classes online or through this office.
PASS and Disability Services Office – Mesa Bldg. #1160
- ____ If applicable, make arrangements for accommodations and services with Leticia Madrid, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accounting Office – Mesa Bldg. #1220
- ____ Make payment arrangements and get receipt for parking permit.
Police Information Office – Mesa Bldg. #1200
- ____ Get UTPB student ID and parking permit. Take copy of license plate.
Bookstore – Mesa Bldg. #1140
- ____ Get your books. Bookstore has information on required books. It has several options.