Welcome to our homepage!
Thank you for your interest. On this page you can read about some of the special features of our programs and catch up on the latest news from our department. You can also find links to additional information about us.
- We offer B.S. and M.S. degrees in Biology and have a 5-year dual B.S./M.S. degree option. Access the graduate school application here and the Biology M.S. application checklist here.
- We have degree plans that are tailored to your career goals, whether they include advanced study in biology, professional school in the health sciences, teacher certification, or work in a biology-related field. You can also study at UT Permian Basin to earn a B.S. in Clinical Laboratory Science from The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
- We welcome applications from international students.
- We offer affordable tuition and many opportunities for financial aid for both undergraduate and graduate students. These include the Ace G. and Bertha L. Doran Endowed Scholarship and the John H. Doran, M.D., F.A.C.P. Graduate Research Fellowship. Interested students should send inquiries to the department chair: email@example.com. Graduate students can apply for assistantships. Please go to the following link for information about grants, loans, and scholarships: http://www.utpb.edu/campus-life/financial-aid. For information about graduate assistantships, please go to http://www.utpb.edu/academics/graduate-studies-and-research/graduate-scholarships-and-assistantships.
- Many of our courses have small class sizes, allowing faculty and students more opportunities for one-on-one interactions.
- There are research opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students. You can work individually or in teams under the supervision of a faculty mentor. Research projects in the fields of ecology, environmental science, microbiology, botany, physiology, genetics, and molecular biology are available. Go to the following link for a list of faculty research interests: http://www.utpb.edu/cas/academic-departments/biology-department/faculty.
- Our offices and laboratories are located in the new Science and Technology Building (opened Fall 2011). Our research laboratories are well equipped, and we have separate cell culture, microscopy, darkroom, animal-rearing, and radiation-handling facilities.
- We offer financial support to both undergraduate and graduate students for research and for travel to state and national conferences.