J. Conrad Dunagan Library
The J. Conrad Dunagan Library is the largest and most complete research library in the Permian Basin. There are computer workstations on the first floor, and the entire building has wireless capability (for enrolled UTPB students only).
Here are some helpful research links for English students at the Dunagan Library:
- Falcon Finder: The electronic catalog of holdings at the Dunagan Library. This comprehensive discovery tool searches books held at the library, as well as ebooks, journal articles, films, and other resources available though the Dunagan Library. To order books through Interlibrary Loan, you must log in with your UTPB ID.
- Alphabetical Listing of Online Databases: All of the online journal databases available on campus;
- Some databases are accessible to UTPB students off campus. Click here for Remote Access to Online Databases. To view these databases, simply enter your Blackboard username and password. (NOTE: Not all databases are currently available at a remote location).
- Serials Solutions is a searchable database of the online journal titles available from the Dunagan Library.
- Part-time Faculty Information: This link will direct you to resources for GTA's and Part-Time Instructors. Here you will find a link for requesting books through Interlibrary Loan, as well as helpful handouts for teaching students about the library.
Distance Learning and Technical Links
Other Helpful Research Links for English Students
- The Victorian Web: A must for students who study 19th Century Literature, from the University Scholars Programme, National University of Singapore.
- Purdue OWL: The most comprehensive and informative online writing lab (OWL) on the internet, from Purdue University.
- Voice of the Shuttle: A metasearch engine of humanities resources, from the University of California-Santa Barbara.
- ArtMagick: A virtual gallery of paintings, primarily focusing on the Pre-Raphaelite and Symbolist Movements.