General Education Requirements:
(44 sch; please see catalog for course choices for fill each requirement.)
- English Composition (1301 & 1302)
- U.S. History (1301 & 1302 recommended)
- Literature 2322, 2323, 2327, or 2328
- U.S. and State Government (2305 & 2306)
- Science with Lab
- Math (College Algebra or above)
- Math (Computing, logic, Statistics)
- COMM 1315, 1318, or 3355
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Social Science
- Computer Use
It is the student's responsibility to read the catalog and be familiar with all requirements for the BA degree, The major is Leadership Studies is 30 sch.
- Complete at least 120 sch of which 54 sch must be taken at the Junior/Senior level. At least 30 sch must be completed at U.T. Permian Basin; 24 of the last 30 sch must be completed at U.T. Permian Basin.
- Obtain at least a "C" grade in all major courses, and maintain at least a GPA of 2.0 in all courses applicable toward the degree.
- Completion of a minor is required; most minors require 18 sch of which 12 sch must be upper level. Please refer to the catalog for minor choices and specific minor requirements.
Minor (18 sch; 12 sch must be upper level (please refer to the catalog for specific details):
Leadership Studies Major Requirements:
The major in Leadership Studies requires a student to complete 30 sch which is composed of a core of 15 sch combined with 15 sch of electives courses. Two of these electives must be LEAD courses and the other three courses must be chosen from the elective list below.
Leadership Core (15 sch required)
- LEAD 1301 Introduction to Leadership Studies
- LEAD 2301 Advanced Leadership Studies
- LEAD 4339 Leadership and Ethics
- LEAD 4370 Conflict Resolution
- LEAD Practicum
Elective Courses to Complete the Major (15 sch required)
- LEAD 4320 Women in Leadership
- LEAD 4350 Leadership in Organizational Settings
- LEAD 4351 Leadership in Non-profit Sector
- LEAD 4360 Strategic Leadership & Planning
- LEAD 4375 Leadership and Community Development
- LEAD 4379 Selected Topics:
- LEAD Contract Study