Senior Lecturer in Management
Office: MB 2242
Phone: (432) 552-2200
Fax: Fax: (432) 552-2174
- Ph.D. Technology Management: Manufacturing Systems, Indiana State University May 2008
- Post-Doctoral: PhD program in Business Administration University of Texas Pan American. Eighty-seven post doctoral hours in accounting, finance, management, and international business 2008-2013
- Master of Science in Accounting, Texas A&M Commerce Expected 2014
- Master of Science in Information Systems, Morehead State University December 2006
- Master of Science in Industrial Technology, Morehead State University August 2004
- Master of Business Administration: Finance and Management December 2002
- Bachelor of Science: Police Administration, Eastern Kentucky University August 1987
- Associate of Science: Emergency Medical Care, Eastern Kentucky University May 1987
Robert Morrison is a senior lecturer at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin. He received a Ph. D. from the College of Technology at Indiana State University in 2008 and completed 87 postdoctoral hours in accounting, finance, management, and international business in the PhD program in Business Administration at the University of Texas Pan American. He earned three master’s degrees in business and technology fields from Morehead State University, and two undergraduate degrees from Eastern Kentucky University. Dr. Morrison was involved in an entrepreneurial startup as a teenager that business still operates today and Dr. Morrison still serves on the board of directors. In the early 1990s, he started a born-global company in San Pedro Sula, Honduras and developed strategic partnerships with New Generation Computing and Mather Dataforms to provide software solutions to the apparel manufacturing industry throughout the Caribbean Basin. In 1996, he was directly involved, through the Honduran Manufacturers Association, in addressing allegations in testimony before the US Congress related to industry labor issues and has served as a consultant to the Inter-American Development Bank.
Dr. Morrison is an active investor, he owns commercial and residential rental real estate and he also holds both US and Honduran commercial pilot certificates. He and his wife were among the 26 selected for AACSB’s 2006 Inaugural Professional Bridge Program at UC Irvine. Dr. Morrison has taught courses in accounting, communications, entrepreneurship, finance, information systems, international business, leadership, management, operations management, and project management.