- Check your current e-mail account or UTPB letter containing your University Identification (UT ID) and details about your PIN number.
- Before classes start verify your schedule at my.utpb.edu using UT ID and PIN number: http://my.utpb.edu/.
(Ok to allow display nonsecure items.)
Use my.utpb.edu for all your academic and accounting information.
Be sure to list your preferred e-mail address at my.utpb.edu to UTPB Email all official business with UTPB. For more information about UTPB email see http://ird.utpb.edu/information-on-email/
Looking at your schedule in my.utpb.edu, locate the name of your instructor. The UTPB Directory has every instructor's email account. Send your instructor an email before classes start!
- Get your course materials before classes start or during the first week of the semester. You can purchase your materials in person at the UTPB Bookstore or online at http://www.utpbshop.com.
- Check the Academic Calendar http://www.utpb.edu/services/academic-affairs/office-of-the-registrar/academic-calendar for the first day of class.
To access your online class the first day of the semester:
- Go to Course Login https://utpb.instructure.com
- Username: lastname_firstinitial+last 5 numbers of UT ID and password created at my.utpb.edu
- Once you log on, the first day of class you will see your course(s) listed under Dashboard in Canvas.
- For Canvas training, check Canvas Student training to help you prepare for your online course.
Read the syllabus carefully so you will be aware of expectations, assignments, and due dates which begin the first week of class.Familiarize yourself with the course.
- Keep a copy of scheduled assignments/tests due dates next to the computer you will use for your coursework.
- Expect to work just as hard in your online class as you would in a face-to-face on campus course.
- Pace yourself. Divide work by the number of weeks or days you have before a deadline.
- Complete your online tests/assignments early! Waiting until the last minute to submit tests/assignments may cause you to miss deadlines.
- Have a backup plan in case your computer fails. Use a friend's computer, go to a library, or go to UTPB Student Lab on the second floor of the Mesa Building or first floor of the Science Technology Lab.
- Technical problems will occur. Be patient. Call Canvas Help 24/7 at 1- 866 437-0867 (toll free) or go to the Help in Canvas for Chat/Submit a ticket.
|Need help? Don't wait! |
Call: 24 hours a day / 7 days a week, toll free, at 1-866 437-0867.