Welcome to Academic Affairs
Academic Affairs promotes teaching, learning, inquiry and public service in support of the mission of the University of Texas of the Permian Basin and The University of Texas System. We are committed to
- Providing an innovative and dedicated faculty and staff;
- Supporting excellence in instruction and enhancing the teaching-learning environment;
- Maintaining academic programs responsive to the needs of learners, the State and the region;
- Supporting faculty research and creative activities of regional, state and national distinction;
- Serving as a resource for the intellectual, cultural, technological and economic advancement of Texas’ citizens, particularly those in West Texas; and
- Enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of instructional and support programs to achieve the standards of performance Texans expect from their higher educational institutions.
The faculty and staff within Academic Affairs want you to be successful in obtaining a degree from UT Permian Basin and reach your personal educational goals. Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in Academic Affairs to help you on your road to success.
From Dr. Dan Heimmermann
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs