Fall 2016 Graduation Information
Please make plans for the fall 2016 commencement ceremony to be held on Saturday December 17 at the Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center. There will be two graduation ceremonies, one at 10:00 a.m. and one at 2:00 p.m.
Students graduating with a major within the College of Arts and Sciences or the College of Nursing will participate in the 10:00 a.m. ceremony.
- Students graduating with a major within the College of Business and Engineering or the College of Education will participate in the 2:00 p.m.
The Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center is located adjacent to the UTPB Center for Energy and Economic Diversification (CEED), midway between Midland and Odessa along State Highway 191and north of the Midland International Airport.
In order to be prepared for graduation, please keep these things in mind:
- Participation in the ceremony requires you to climb several steps to the top of the stage.If you require special accommodations they can easily be arranged, please contact Margaret Boyd by December 2nd at 432-552-2637.
- Diplomas will be sent out approximately four weeks after graduation.Diplomas will be mailed to the address provided on your graduation application.If you need to update your address for your diploma to be sent to (we cannot send to PO Boxes), please notify Margaret Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2nd.
- All students are required to wear the appropriate graduation regalia.If you did not order your cap and gown, or if you have questions about your order please contact the bookstore at 552-0220.
- If you are taking a course at another institution your diploma will be held until an official transcript from that institution is received.
The deadline to apply to graduate was October 7.
Undergraduate Graduation Packet Fill out the graduation packet completely, return the application marked "Registrar Copy" to the Registrar's Office, and give the "Advisor Copy" of the application and undergraduate degree check to your advisor.
Graduate Student Graduation Application Fill out the graduation packet completely and return it to Graduate Studies.
Applying to graduate does not guarantee you will be awarded a degree. All graduation requirements must be met before a degree can be awarded.