UTPB's Guaranteed Tuition Rate Plan enables students to lock in tuition rates and avoid any future tuition increases.
- The Guaranteed Tuition Rate Plan is available to all incoming freshmen entering UTPB beginning Fall 2014 or thereafter.
- The plan is available to incoming students who are seeking their first bachelor's degree. Community college students may opt for the Guaranteed Tuition Rate Plan by declaring an intent to transfer to UTPB on the Future Transfer Students agreement.
- The plan does not apply to continuing undergraduates or graduate students.
- Once the Guaranteed Tuition Rate Plan option is selected, a student may not change to the Traditional Tuition Plan.
Fall 2016 Plan
- Freshman will qualify for 8 consecutive long semesters (Fall and Spring)
- The tuition rate was reduced from the previous year and the rebate is no longer offered.
- Students who do not complete their degree in four years will be assessed the current tuition and fees being charged.
Fall 2014 and Fall 2015 Plans
- Earn 30 credit hours toward your degree and a minimum 2.5 GPA at UTPB your first academic year.
- Receive $1,000 off your next semester's tuition payment.
- Earn a second $1,000 tuition rebate after completing 60 credit hours toward your degree in your second year and maintaining a minimum 2.5 GPA at UTPB.
- Earn a final $2,000 tuition rebate after completing 90 credit hours toward your degree in your third year and maintaining a 2.5 GPA at UTPB.
- Qualify for an additional $1,000 on-time tuition rebate through the State of Texas for graduating on time with no more than three hours outside your degree plan.