ashley castillo smiling
UTPB’s Falcon Giving Day is almost here. In the spirit of giving, we're sharing experiences from our students who have benefited by donor funding.

UTPB student Ashley Castillo is one of hundreds of students who has benefited from the University’s Emergency Fund.

“These funds were able to help me pay for school so I can earn my degree. There are so many schools out there that don't offer that extra financial help that a student might need to be successful. I’m thankful UTPB does,” Ashley shared.

The Emergency Fund exists to help students who are experiencing a sudden emergency, accident, or unforeseen event. Whether their car breaks down, extra money is needed for gas or groceries, or there was an unplanned visit to the hospital- no financial problem is too big or small.

As Falcon Giving Day approaches, Ashely hopes donors will consider a contribution to the emergency fund to help students receive the support they need to earn their degree.

“There are so many students like me who need extra aid. Earning an education is extremely important to me and others but for so many, financial situations get in the way of that,” she said.

UTPB will celebrate its annual university-wide Falcon Giving Day on February 14th and 15th. This special 24-hour fundraising aims to rally the collective strength of UTPB alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and friends in support of the university’s mission. Whether you give $5 or $500, your gift makes a difference.

Donate to our student funds at this year’s Falcon Giving Day to help students like Ashley.

ashley castillo posing