Ector middle school principal picture
"I am excited to return to the campus where my educational journey as a teacher began ten years ago!"

UT Permian Basin alumna Alejandra Garcia was recently named the new Principal of Ector Middle School for the 2024-2025 school year. Garcia earned her bachelor’s degree in history as well as her master’s degree in educational leadership from UTPB.

Garcia says she is most excited to give back to the school where her teaching journey began. Her first job was at Ector Middle School teaching eighth grade social studies. 

alejandra-garcia-picture.jpg
“I am excited to return to the campus where my educational journey as a teacher began ten years ago! They deserve nothing but the best, and I will ensure that is what they are provided,” Garcia said.

During her time at UTPB, Garcia was a student worker in the Financial Aid office where she learned about all of the financial opportunities the University offers students.

During her undergraduate career, she was awarded the Falcon Promise, now known as Falcon Free, which covered her tuition and mandatory fees.

Thanks to encouragement from faculty at staff at UTPB, Garcia went on to earn her master’s degree in hopes of advancing her teaching career.

“Getting my master's was a big goal of mine. It was something I always wanted to do, but I was nervous to begin.”

Garcia expresses her gratitude to Dr. Kevin Badgett, Professor of Educational Leadership, as he played a significant role in her career.

“The professors were extremely helpful and were available 24-7 to answer any questions. Dr. Badgett, whom I reached out to plenty of times and still do to this day, always guided and helped me through my journey.”

Garcia encourages students to earn a degree their degrees from UTPB because of the great experiences she had on campus.

“Education is the key needed to open doors! The University is big enough to get the college experience but small enough for you to really get to know your professors and advisors.”