Tiffany Collier smiling at computer
“My experience as a student in the Clinical Psychology program was an invaluable one that prepared me for the professional world."

UTPB has partnered with the Permian Strategic Partnership and Scharbauer Foundation to cover tuition and mandatory fees for graduate students majoring in Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and School Counseling. The goal of the Behavioral Health Scholarship program is to grow the next generation of behavioral and mental health providers in the Permian Basin! 

Tiffany Collier Headshot

UTPB alumni and Director of Counseling and Psychological Services, Tiffany Collier received her Master’s in Clinical Psychology. She provides therapeutic services to students and community clients, while overseeing operations in the clinic and working with students in crisis.  

“My experience as a student in the Clinical Psychology program was an invaluable one that prepared me for the professional world. The faculty were knowledgeable and kind. They had high expectations, which is something I dreaded at the time but appreciate now!” said Collier.  

Thanks to the strong focus on clinical practice and scientific understanding, Collier says the skills that she learned apply to a variety of situations in her field of work.  

Her advisor even helped her get her first job at UTPB post-graduation and she says her career took off from there!  

Tiffany Collier speaking at a meeting

“In one job, I was an instructor on board Navy ships where I was able to travel extensively. For me, the degree I earned here at UTPB literally opened up a world of possibility,” said Collier.  

Collier says she has found the program to be a strong asset for her professionally and the individual attention and support students receive is an asset to those who take advantage of it.  

“Through my experience in many areas both professionally and geographically, I have found that the education I received through the Clinical Psychology program here at UTPB equipped me with the knowledge I needed to be successful and highly competitive professionally,” said Collier.  

She is passionate about her field of work. When you have a better understanding of human functioning, Collier says you can effectively help others.  

“Your brain is your most important asset! Everything we do relies on our ability to function well and to accomplish our goals. Psychology is the science behind the growth and effective utilization of our most important asset,” said Collier.  

Colliers favorite things about being in the program include the relationships she formed and the culture of support and compassion. She says she is grateful the Impact Behavioral Health grant equips students with the knowledge they need to be successful, at no cost.