Falcons Up

Transfer Students

Complete Your Education at UTPB


In order to prevent delays in processing applications, UT Permian Basin is temporarily modifying the Transfer Admission Process by moving to the evaluation of unofficial transcripts from each school attended or currently attending until further notice.

Unofficial Transcripts Review Process

For Summer and Fall 2020, UT Permian Basin will review files based on self-reported/unofficial transcripts.

Transfer students who have attended one or more colleges after high school graduation should provide a copy of the course work completed from each institution attended or currently attending.  This information can be scanned and sent to admissions@utpb.edu.  Once all of the institutions have been received and your application is complete, your file will be reviewed for admission.  Official transcripts from each institution attended will be required once you have enrolled at UT Permian Basin.

Apply as a Transfer if:

  • you have completed 24 or more semester hours of college credit but have not yet obtained a bachelor's degree.
  • you are either degree or non-degree seeking or a transient.
  • you are pursuing a second bachelor's degree.

Required Documents

  • Completed electronic application using the ApplyTexas website (www.applytexas.org)
  • Non-refundable Application Fee of $40.00
  • Official transcripts from ALL colleges/universities previously attended, including dual credit courses from high school. If an official academic record was created, we require it.
  • Proof of having complied with TSI requirement (THEA/TASP, Etc.)
  • Application deadlines

Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination requirement - Must show evidence of having received the Bacterial Meningitis vaccination or qualified exemption. (Students who are 22 years of age or older or planning to take online courses only - no campus-based courses- are exempt.)

Transfer Applicants Information

Transfer Admission Requirements

A transfer student is defined as any student new to UT Permian Basin who has ever enrolled at another college or university prior to attendance at UT Permian Basin and who has completed 24 or more semester hours of college-level work.
UT Permian Basin evaluates credit only from generally accepted academic institutions with regional accreditation. Applicants must submit records of all accredited institutions attended, even if they do not wish to transfer the credit to UT Permian Basin.Transfer Students with 24 or more semester hours of college work must:

  • have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 (C) on a 4.0 grading system.
  • be eligible to re-enroll in the colleges previously attended.
  • show evidence of having received the Bacterial Meningitis vaccination or qualified exemption. (Students who are 30 years of age or older or planning to take online courses only (no campus based courses) are exempt.)

Provisional Admission

In some cases, students that do not meet the minimum grade point requirement may be admitted provisionally. Students who are admitted provisionally must complete the first 12 semester hours with grades of "C" or better in each course in order to be removed from provisional status and in order to be allowed to enroll in subsequent terms.
For more information on Undergraduate Transfer of Credit and the Rules Governing Transfer of Credit, use the link below.


Transfer Students from Non-Accredited Institutions

A transfer applicant from a non-accredited institution may be considered for conditional admission by the Admissions Review Committee. A transfer student admitted conditionally must achieve a grade point average of 2.0 or above for the first 30 hours of course work undertaken at U.T. Permian Basin and is subject to academic dismissal at any time the grade point average falls below 2.0.

Academic Fresh Start

Academic/Disciplinary Suspension