Graduate sitting on rock smiling
Stefan Faria first earned his degree from UT Permian Basin in Mechanical Engineering. He quickly returned to earn his Master's in Business Administration.

Stefan Faria is no stranger to UTPB. After earning his undergraduate degree in the College of Engineering, he decided to expand his knowledge and work toward a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) in the College of Business. He took the time to share just what made UT Permian Basin the right choice and what he hopes for in the future. 

Stefan first came to UT Permian Basin in 2017 as an international transfer student all the way from Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. What made UTPB the right choice? “It was for two reasons: The first was because they had a really good engineering program right in the middle of the Permian Basin, and because I got a soccer scholarship to play here. That had a really big impact on why I chose UTPB.”  

Stefan graduated from UTPB with an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2020. But he didn’t stop there. He then went on to pursue a master's degree in Business Administration with an emphasis on Finance. “I was finishing up my engineering degree during my last year, but I really started to be interested in the markets. Like how to invest in stocks, trade, and I really wanted to know more about finances, so that’s why I chose to go for the MBA in Finance here at UTPB.”  

Not only has he learned different skills, but he has also landed a great internship opportunity during his time in the MBA program. “I came from a totally different educational background from engineering, and I’ve never taken any business classes before, so those things were pretty new for me. I learned how to invest in the markets, evaluate different projects, how to approach business situations and how it overall works. That’s what ultimately landed me my current internship at Campbell Securities, LLC. My bosses are also UTPB College of Business alumni.” 

The chapter doesn’t end here for Stefan. “I have a few plans after I graduate, but my goal is to continue working for Campbell Securities, LLC and hopefully land a full-time job with them.”  

His hard work will soon pay off. Stefan is set to walk the stage this Fall earning his master's degree in Business Administration with a concentration on Finance. Great job, Stefan and Falcons Up!  

Post-graduate success continues to reign here for UTPB students and graduates. 

About UT Permian Basin's Master of Buisness Administration (MBA) Program:

The Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program at UT Permian Basin will deliver the professional knowledge, tools, and network you need to create a lucrative business career.

With a healthy mix of classroom instruction, peer-based projects, and real-world experience, you’ll be confident that you can step into the corner office after graduation. We know what employers want. We make sure you have it.

Learn more and apply today: utpb.edu/business