1. Completed UT Permian Basin Graduate Application 
  2. U.S. $40 application fee (by credit card, bank draft, or US check)
  3. Copy of passport biographical page and copy of passport information page for the applicant as well as for any dependents (spouse, child). This is only needed if seeking an I-20 for an F-1 Visa. 
  4. Official copies of all transcripts, certificates, diplomas, and degrees, must be translated and sent directly to Graduate Admissions. The UTPB Graduate Studies office does not provide in-house transcript evaluation. Make sure to submit all the required paperwork at least 90 days prior to the beginning of the semester of admission.
    • Email admission requirements to the following address: gradstudies@utpb.edu
    • You may also mail admission requirements to the following address: Graduate Studies, The University of Texas Permian Basin, 4901 East University, Odessa, Texas 79762
  5. International students whose native language is not English must submit proof of English language proficiency. Please provide evidence of proficiency based on one of the test scores listed below. The scores must be official and come to the Graduate Admissions Office (gradstudies@utpb.edu) directly from the testing service. 
    • TOEFL: Minimum score for admission consideration is 79(iBT) or 550 (pBT). Information concerning the TOEFL may be obtained by writing to: TOEFL, Box 899, Princeton, NJ 08540 (The University of Texas of the Permian Basin institution number: 6914)
    • IELTS: A minimum score of 6.5 band score with 6.0 in each subsection. Send your IELTS scores to gradstudies@utpb.edu
    • Duolingo English Test (DET) Scores: A minimum DET score of 100, sent directly to UTPB Graduate Admissions (gradstudies@utpb.edu) from the testing center or use institutional number: 276692)
    • Students from the following countries are not required to submit English proficiency scores: America Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada (except Quebec), Dominica, Grenada, Grand Cayman, Guyana, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, Singapore, Trinidad/Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, U.S. Pacific Trust. For purposes of the TOEFL or IELTS requirement, international applicants are exempt only if they are from a country where English is the sole official language and the primary conversational language of the country.  In some countries, English is but one of the officially recognized languages or it is not the primary language used to communicate outside of the classroom.” 
  6. Financial Support form with proof of resources.
    • For all applications Spring 2021 and on, please use this form. All fees are subject to change. For dependents to be included on the I-20AB, add $4,000 per academic year for your spouse and $4,000 per academic year for each child. Spouses of F-1 visa holders are not permitted to work in the U.S. under any circumstances. 
    • The affidavit of financial support and proof of support must be dated no later than one year prior to the semester intake date. Any documents older than one year will not be accepted.
  7. Admission materials required for your intended graduate program.
  8. Transfer Documents
    • If you are a transfer student from another U.S. college, university, or other school, you must have the college, university, or other school send us a photocopy of your I-20 form/DS-2019 form, I-94 form, US Visa page, and passport information page, along with the International Student Transfer Verification Form.
If you would like to defer your admission to a different semester, please complete the Graduate Admission Application Update Form.