Applying as an International Student

You can attend any number of universities. But no other school can offer a better value: top-notch academics at an affordable cost. A few years from now, as you graduate and step into your new career, you’ll be armed with a great education, a huge network, and little (or no) debt. 

We're excited to have students from all over the map. As an international student, you will find that UT Permian Basin pulls out all the stops to make sure you feel at home. We can't wait to see you on campus!

  1. Complete an application

    Complete a freshman or transfer application

  2. Pay the $40 application fee

    Need to pay your application fee? You can do that in your student portal or by calling the Admissions Office.

  3. Send in your documents

    Send us the official copies of all transcripts, certificates, diplomas, and degrees.

All transcripts, certificates, diplomas, and degrees must be translated and evaluated by a credential and transcript evaluation service and sent directly to the Admissions Office. Make sure to submit all the required paperwork at least 120 days prior to the beginning of the semester of admissions. You can submit these documents by: 
  • Emailing: 
  • or Mailing:
    Admissions Office
    The University of Texas Permian Basin
    4901 East University, Odessa, Texas 79762
bp-nelly-geology-intern.gifI would encourage anyone to come to UTPB because it’s a small community that cares about helping you be the best you can be.
Nelly Omoruyi, international student from Nigeria
If you would like to defer your admission to a different semester and your application is not a year old, please email the Admissions Office at If your admissions application is over a year old, please fill out a new admissions application.

Contact Us