Sheet music on stand

Students majoring in another department at UT Permian Basin may concurrently earn a minor in Music. The Minor in Music allows students who are passionate about music to explore music appreciation, history, and performance techniques. Many students who minor in music participate in the University Strings, the Univeristy Choir, or the Falcon Marching Band.

Minor Requirements

  • Students must complete 18 hours of music courses.
  • A minimum of 6 semester credit hours must be completed in the following categories: Theoretical and Historical Foundations of Music, Music Repertory and Ensemble Conducting and Philosophical Foundations and Performing Aspects of Music.
  • Three semesters of a major ensemble and four semesters of recital attendance are required for all music minors.

To declare a Minor in Music, obtain advice, or seek approval of substitutions for course requirements, students should consult their academic advisor.

Contact Us